BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon everyone. I just joined today and I am getting use to posting messages.

Bought a used 07 k1200 gt and am loving it! I had a klr 650 for the last 10 years and finally bought my dream bike. I am 6'2'' and I have a similar problems as some of you because the wind hits about 1/2 way up my helmet and from the prior postings it looks like I need 4 or 5 inch increase to the small windshield on my bike - to that end, I keep seeing two products - C. Bailey and Aeroflow.....anyone tried both and can comment?

Looking forward to sharing and learning - glad to have found this list serve. I like the ring of my handle Rocky Mountain High as I live just outside Rocky Mtn. National Park. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I've had both. In fact, 2 Cee-Baileys (who's lack of customer service sucks, imo, since they manufactured a thin shield that flaps like mad over their original thick one that broke when an ingrate hit the bike in a parking lot). Never did respond on the cheapening process when the second shield showed up much thinner. Supposedly, they may be back to the thicker screen by now.

Aeroflow is on the bike now. Much better still air behind the screen as my thin earphone cord doesn't blow around much. It is a pita to clean between the two screens though. The darker smaller shield may help to cover some of the water spotting, but they don't recommend it if you use a radar detector. Unfortunately, I still get quite a bit of air from the fairing beneath the mirrors that goes up the sleeves and creates some helmet noise. I don't have their lowers on as I don't like the looks of them but they may help.

The Aeroflow is about the thickness of the thin Cee-Bailey, but it doesn't flutter as much with the laminar shield attached.

Fwiw, the pillion complains that the wind gust is still pretty bad behind either. She was used to the RT (also an Aeroflow) which seemed to keep more wind off her. Of course, the RT is slower so maybe that had something to do with it too. :confused:

Mack

·
Registered
102 Posts
Peter,

If the choice is CeeBaily vs. Aeroflow then go with Aeroflow. The laminar lip will do much better. Get the aerogards for your SO. An inbetween choice would be the CalSci shield. Great performance without the dual layers of the Aeroflow.

Welcome to the club,
Jeff

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
GTJeff said:
If the choice is CeeBaily vs. Aeroflow then go with Aeroflow. The laminar lip will do much better. Get the aerogards for your SO. An inbetween choice would be the CalSci shield. Great performance without the dual layers of the Aeroflow.
I completely agree, as I've run all three. Cee Bailey is better than stock but not great, and the CalSci is impressive, especially if you prefer a narrower, more sporty shield, but the Aeroflow + AeroGards combo simply blocks the most wind, even way up your arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts