BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email to Cee Baileys' for an update on windsheild availability for the K1200R and they replied with pictures but no further info such as price. They are not yet listed on the website, either, and didn't respond with further details.

Just thought I'd pass this along if someone wants to call them and buy one, I think they implied availability.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where's the pics?? I have one on my Rockster, got it from them for 1/2 price on e-bay. I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here they be. I can't tell by looking whether they work with stock hardware. The stock flyscreen bubbles out next to the mount holes to make room for the intruments.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
HuecoDoc said:
I sent an email to Cee Baileys' for an update on windsheild availability for the K1200R and they replied with pictures but no further info such as price. They are not yet listed on the website, either, and didn't respond with further details.

Just thought I'd pass this along if someone wants to call them and buy one, I think they implied availability.
http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/1200rws.html

Here's the link to the Cee Bailey's page with the R windshields. I'm going to order one of the Euro-style ones in dark gray.

·
Registered
629 Posts
From their website. My bolding.

"The new, K1200R windshields that we manufacture offer more protection than the standard BMW flyscreen, or the optional BMW sportshield. We offer three models & sizes to fit your style of riding. Each shield is predrilled and hand polished for high luster, and is made to fit on the standard BMW optional sportshield hardware. We provide the hardware for mounting to your bike."

This means if you have the handguards on, they may hit the shield unless the profile is different.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If anyone has got a larger screen on their K1200R and would consider selling their larger BMW OEM "Sportscreen" to me that'd be great! :) I've got the "Fly screen" and it's too small for me :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
You want the tinted one (sport) that I took off my bike and replaced with OEM small one?

PM me if that's what you want.

·
Registered
147 Posts
bigpapa said:

Oh, hell no... :eek:
Man, no kidding. That's got to be a joke.

I guess Cee Bailey's makes nice stuff but none of these do much for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll take the wind

IMHO none of these look proportional to the bike. I much prefer the look of the stock sport screen to these. As far as functionality, it is hard to say. The Secdem looks better to me, but I would like to hear from someone who has used one of the aftermarket screens on how well actually work.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Left Me Cold

Good! None of these looked right. Then I realized there are no hand grips in the photos! Very hard to 'see' the overall look without the real bits in place.

I have a Cee Bailey's screen on my R1150R (modified an RT normal to fit) and I like the quality, workmanship, materials used and look. I am tempted to try the CB Sportshield, but I don't like experimenting with $155+50+s/h of my cash based on a photo I don't like the looks of.

·
Registered
34 Posts
CB's or Secdem.?

I have used CB's on other bikes and they make a very nice product. I have a concern about the height. I installed the Secdem on my "R" because CB wasn't sure when they would have a wind screen available.The smaller of the still looks taller than the Secdem.
The height of the Secdem works well for wind and covering my high raisers. Any taller
might really be a major change to the lines of the "R". If the heights are closer than I believe , I would much rather purchase it from SoCal than France. No offense to any
"Frogs" that might be viewing this, after all the French are known for their great motorcycles.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Slow2go said:
I have used CB's on other bikes and they make a very nice product. I have a concern about the height. I installed the Secdem on my "R" because CB wasn't sure when they would have a wind screen available.The smaller of the still looks taller than the Secdem.
The height of the Secdem works well for wind and covering my high raisers. Any taller
might really be a major change to the lines of the "R". If the heights are closer than I believe , I would much rather purchase it from SoCal than France. No offense to any
"Frogs" that might be viewing this, after all the French are known for their great motorcycles.
You're proabably right about it changing the lines of the bike but with the handguards, tall shield, and luggage I'm slowly creating the world's first hoon touring bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks to me that the Baileys that is shown in these pictures is the Euro Touring which is flat (almost) and taller than there sport model...at least according to the pictures on there web.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CeeBailey screen dissapointment

I tried the Cee Baileys 20" installed when I bought my K12R. I hated it. The buffeting behind it was unreal. I then cut the shield to 17" from the headlight. The wind didn't hit the top of my helmet anymore but was hitting the chin section. Horrible noise. I gave it one more try. I cut the shield to the height of the sport shield they sell 15". I rode 100 miles with my wife to prove to her what I was talking about and she agreed. She said and I quote "Take that [email protected]#$%off and re-install your fly screen". I painted the fly screen flat black and installed KTM hand guards. I am ready for Idaho.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Screen and Luggage...

I've attached a few of pictures of my bike with the optional BMW Sports screen. I think it looks great and provides decent wind protection to boot. I don't need anything else.
Just put the luggage on last Saturday. I like that too...fits in well with the bike. Each bag can hold up to 25 liters. Comes on and off in seconds.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts