BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. "Beech" on here told me how to fit the centre stand which is a BMW part btw. Bike is a 1300s btw. I was curious about using a ratcheting strap to pull the spring and install the left side. Anybody on here fitted a stand and anymore tips. Was really wondering how hard doing this is. Beech's explanation was excellent btw just wondering about stretching the springs. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2007 K12R
137 Posts
Hey Matt,
I was faced with the extreme difficulty of trying to stretch the spring enough with hand tools. After many attempts I gave up on that and devised a new plan. I used a length of coat hanger wire and attached one end to the spring and the other to a tie down strap. I fixed the other end of the strap to an immovable fixed point and pulled the strap to stretch the spring. Worked like a champ and so much easier. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,018 Posts
The bmw dvd shows using a strap around the center stand and back to the wheel. Be sure to leave the right side bolt very loose. I use a section of broom handle as a lever pulling the center stand back while it is a horizontal position. I can't remember the far point I secure the wood dowel on but it should be obvious. Done it twice this way. Pull back and have the right side bolt and spacer all ready to slip in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts