BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading this subject with interest. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to remove both wheels with the bike on the centre stand?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The sky hook method works well by the look of the pics but once the bike in standard form is on the centre stand doesn't some added weight fixed to the rear of the bike or across the pillion seat shift the weight bias enough to get the front wheel off the ground. If this is possible and both wheels need to come off, just shifting the weight a little forward or back plus a light supporting bit of wood etc would be all that was needed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes adding weight to the rear will get the front off the ground. But since I have a sky hook system all set up that is what use also. As an exercise put your bike on ceter stand then push down on the rear to see how much effort is needed to get the front off the floor.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I use a cinder block under the engine with a piece of wood. After removing the belly pan of course.

A cinder block is a basic part of every southerners tool collection ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
It wouldn't be a big job to construct an "A Frame" with maybe 4 legs that would stand over the front end and provide a portable lift point - like an oversize step ladder. Hinged frame join at the top, couple of adjustable tension struts, weld here weld there and presto ---portable (do not say collapsible) sky hook........... now where did I put that welding helmet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts