BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
They work!

After a front tire renewal and machine balancing at my dealership a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a slight "hop" at high speed. Rather than take the bike back for tire rebalance or living with the annoyance, I ordered a Dyna Beads kit from InnovativeBalancing, LLC.

Wow!. Those little beads work wonders. After pulling off the lead rim weights and installing the beads (which must be done VERY slowly), all hint of instability is gone. My bike - a K75S - has never handled better. I've now ordered another kit for the rear tire and can't wait to install it.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I was in a tire shop last week getting new tires on the car and I asked the old guy who owned the shop about them.

He laughed and said he was rotating and balancing some car tires once and one tire just wouldn't balance on his electronic spin balancer. It kept saying to add and move the weights here-and-there. He thought the machine was broke, but he knew it was working.

He broke the tire down and found a lot of beads in it. He cleaned them out and balanced it normally. He said the internal molding of the tire had low and high spots and mold lips that were catching them and causing the beads to settle wherever.

I guess it would depend on how the inside of the tire looks. Some look pretty smooth. Others not so.

Jury still out here.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
GMack said:
I was in a tire shop last week getting new tires on the car and I asked the old guy who owned the shop about them.

He laughed and said he was rotating and balancing some car tires once and one tire just wouldn't balance on his electronic spin balancer. It kept saying to add and move the weights here-and-there. He thought the machine was broke, but he knew it was working.

He broke the tire down and found a lot of beads in it. He cleaned them out and balanced it normally. He said the internal molding of the tire had low and high spots and mold lips that were catching them and causing the beads to settle wherever.

I guess it would depend on how the inside of the tire looks. Some look pretty smooth. Others not so.

Jury still out here.
I've also noticed on car tires that when the cover is removed, there are often balls of rubber running around inside. I guess the inside always stays soft, so I'm not sure if putting in some hard ceramic beads is just going to wear away at the loose rubber parts and make more rubber beads. I guess they keep spinning around a while after you stop as well.

If beads are so good, why not put in some round lead shot you get from the dive shop? If you put in enough, your wheels will become gyroscopes and you can ride horizontal round bends - until they stop rolling that is. The word to watch for is 'dynamic' that says to me something might happen over which you have no control.:)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts