BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I have 2002 LTC that you can plug a battery tender to the bike's power outlet on the left hand side of the bike (down by your left foot) and charge the battery that way.

Can one do the same thing with an RS? on the two power outlets it has (the ones on the left side of the bike). If so which one should be use if it matters ?

Here in GA we have been getting some great weather so my bikes are getting ridden regularly so the batteries are kept charged, but I know usually end of January we get cold fronts that keeps us out for 3 weeks at least. So I want to plug the Tender to my LT for one night and than switch to the RS for the other and vice versa.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
It works on my '01 RS.

·
Registered
567 Posts
A trickle charger will work on all the K1200GT/RS bikes and either aux. plug as they are wired together with one set of wires running back to the battery. :teeth

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Defenetly what I thought, just wanted to check. I currently trying to sale my 03 RS so I am riding it as much as I would like to keep the miles down, so knowing I can just plug the tender on to it is great

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

I come up your way quite a bit, I live in Cumming and usually stick to ride the loop (19/60/180/129 and back over to 19) specially when alone. Wife and I were planning a trip up to Dalton to look at some furniture and were going to come though Ellijay and up the back way (away from 75) , but really I have been looking for someone on that side of North GA to ride with, I know nothing about the North Western corner of our state but know there are great roads there. I mainly ride my LT, the RS has not yet made up that way as I mentioned previously I trying to sale it so I am trying to keep the miles down.

Lets hook up one of those days in Ellijay and head up on that direction.

Let me know PM me anytime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts