BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Ive just bought a 2007 K1200gt so I'm just coming to terms with all the technology. Previous bike was a 2003 triumph trophy.
My first query is about brakes. If I want to take out the front (or rear) pads for a close inspection, do I have to use a BMW Motorrad Diagnostic system if i reinsert them.

If I decide to replace them with new pads the same question applies. Back with my old trophy I had brakes in and out New and old, all the time. I am just a little beware of this additional step in the process.
I will be grateful for any advice before I do anything.

Cheers
Pat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Depends on the bike. I have a 2006 model K1200GT and it auto resets the brake wear indicator light when I change the pads. The GS911 has a function on it to do this too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
brings up a good question... is your brake pad wear indicator still functional?... I know more than a few that had the sensor wiring changed so that they could use after market brake pads (my 2007 being one of them)... I've changed brake pads quite a few times with no problems.

·
Registered
507 Posts
No bmw brakes

I only used EBC brakes on my BMW. EBC makes all types of performance brakes and some much better than stock and cheaper to.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts