BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

"Christening the new Forum"

5K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  stevef 
hwajr43 said:
Let's assume we have one of the above. Where's the best place to mount it on a GT?
Check out pirates site, he has a really slick mounting device for the detectors. I fashioned my own using a piece of angle iron, actually made of aluminum, that spans across the windshield brackets.

ONON-
Mark

detector power jacks and mounts

magellan44 said:
Hello all,

I would like to purchase a detector for my GT; I purchase my GT used a few weeks ago, it had 800 miles on it. The previous owner had it wired for a detector I believe, there is a phone jack wired up near my handle bars. I know a friend that has a Mallet corvette that has the same phone jack mounted on his rear view mirror. He has a V1 so I assume this is what this is for.

Thank you
Ben
Ben-

You might want to ask the previous owner which detector he was using on the bike. Both the V1 and the passport use similiar jacks, but they are not interchangable. You might also cruise over to your buddies house and try his V1 on your bikes jack.
There are a couple different mounting systems out there, look around and get what fits your persona.

ONON-
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.