BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out why some of the dealers and dealer reps have been reluctant to perform or recommend the 6.0 software update. It seems there have been some cases where the the BMS-K unit would fail to load if the update were interrupted and restarted.

BMW has issued a new update and has posted it to the Dealer Centernet. They should go to their GT1 update page on the dealer website and follow the instructions to download the update and install it on the GT1.

Now that the problems with the update have been fixed, you should be able to get your dealer to update your BMS-K control unit on your bike.

Have fun!

·
Registered
120 Posts
CIP updates

Had my K12 since May '05. Every time I go into dealer and ask about updates he plays dumb, claiming they dont know about no updates. Am I just with an idiot dealer or has anyone else had trouble like this?.

·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
Dummy Deeler

logoguy said:
Had my K12 since May '05. Every time I go into dealer and ask about updates he plays dumb, claiming they dont know about no updates. Am I just with an idiot dealer or has anyone else had trouble like this?.
There is a service bulliten out so they are playing stupid
go to another dealer if you can

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
00 005 06 (020) issued on April 18th.

Maybe the reluctance of your dealer previously was because of the issue addressed in the update issued yesterday.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If anyone has that bulletin I would sure appreciate it being posted. I am getting told by my local dealer that BMW is requiring that the dealer only install with a service. Would like to see if that is indicated in the bulletin.

·
Registered
62 Posts
zx9rmal said:
How long does the download take?
It takes about 14 minutes.

well took my S in for the 600 mile run in. My dealer was all set with the 6.0 software upgrade. They had the latest and greatest. They said mine was their first S to take all the updates and on final check, everything came out perfect. I am riding tomorrow and will let you know how it feels. On the way home it felt fine. My dealer was awesome. Las Vegas BMW.

·
Registered
557 Posts
zx9rmal said:
How long does the download take?
There are sometimes updates on the three computers, ABS, ZFE, and BMSK. If your bike takes all three, the update time is around 50 minutes.
I downloaded the CIP 6.0 additional update eljeffe mentioned and put it into our GT1 with no problems. We didn't have any issues before whe updating a couple of '05 K12Ses and no problems after installing the 6.0 update updating a K12R yesterday. So your dealers should not have any problems either if they follow instructions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They did all 3 of my computers and it only took 14 minutes. My paper work shows a start time and stop time and all that was programmed and that it was successful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts