BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with someone at Garmin, who informed me that that cost for the City Navigator price has been lowered from $150 to $75.

Apparently Navtech does the vector mapping and lowered the price to Garmin, and they in turn lowered the cost to us :)

So for anyone with an older version looking to upgrade now is as good a time as any.

Matt

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mattmor said:
I just spoke with someone at Garmin, who informed me that that cost for the City Navigator price has been lowered from $150 to $75.

Apparently Navtech does the vector mapping and lowered the price to Garmin, and they in turn lowered the cost to us :)

So for anyone with an older version looking to upgrade now is as good a time as any.

Matt
ElJeffe did a review, on the LT site I think and the net net of it was if you are on 6, V7 wasn't that much different, wait for v8. If you are on 5, or earlier, then it's worth it. THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.

·
Registered
76 Posts
V7 versus V5

I would agree with your advice. I found alot of problems with the Mapsource V5 software. There were ( I called them fractures ) where roads did not line up within the GPS so if you plotted from A to B up the same highway, it would autoroute a long way around to get to B. It was also missing most of Atlantic Canada. In hindsight, a very shabby release. I upgraded to V6 and life is good.

If you have V5, you will love what V6/V7 give you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts