BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help. I have a 2006 K1200S. The other day I refueled and didn't push the fuel cap all the way down. I noticed it when I got home and secured it. But now I'm getting an error message that flashes "Fuel!" and I can't figure out how to clear it. The bike starts and runs normally.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That didn't work. Fuel strip? Is that something I can replace?
There are many threads on the forum that will explain to you how to do it. It's an expensive part and many people do the retrofit to the float style instead. You will need to know somebody will have to reprogram it for the float style through an interface. If you have about $400 worth of disposable income they bring it to the dealership and have them do it. The good thing is after the dealer does it you'll have a warranty on it.

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
154 Posts
Does your fuel level indicate correctly. It would seem logical that before you go to a lot of trouble and expense, ride some to see if the fuel strip is working or not. Check level and range remaining. I am not well versed, but I would make sure it is not a transient error locked in that just needs to be cleared. ???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does your fuel level indicate correctly. It would seem logical that before you go to a lot of trouble and expense, ride some to see if the fuel strip is working or not. Check level and range remaining. I am not well versed, but I would make sure it is not a transient error locked in that just needs to be cleared. ???
Yes a lot of codes are self clearing based on a given number of start\ stop engine cycles.
If gauge reads true ID wait and see. If gauge reads its not like you'd run out of fuel.

Do these have evap controls? Modern (god im old ) cars hate a loose gas cap.

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,417 Posts
Yes, sometimes it takes a tank or two to settle down. Give it a chance. But the Strips are known serious trouble. They don't like to sit around at half a tank or lower, fuel up on the way home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts