BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve noticed this recently at low speeds. The bike will make an audible click under braking, but not actuation of the suspension while stationary.

It sounds like it’s coming from the pad area, but it’s hard to pinpoint. This is tricky to diagnose by myself.

I shouldn’t have added that last bit, it sounds like it’s coming from the fender, but that doesn’t make sense.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A constant click varying in frequency with roadspeed?
I can't recall do they use a metal damping plate?
Excess dust buildup?
Disassemble inspect and lube pins

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A constant click varying in frequency with roadspeed?
I can't recall do they use a metal damping plate?
Excess dust buildup?
Disassemble inspect and lube pins
I can only hear it at low speeds. Hitting the brakes causes a singular click. This happens every time I hit the brakes at low speeds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
did youfrget to remove a card from the spokes?
JK
it happens once since you have pulled your callipers and inpected them and the pads etc and noted no freeplay after buttonng things up I need to aask does it do the click if:

You take off then depress the rear brake only?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Had exactly same thing on my ST1100. No problem braking, just that darned click. Put up with it for a long while just cause I couldn't "feel" anything in the lever and at a casual glance everything looked ok.
When I finally got around to taking a closer look it turned out the anti-rattle spring/clip wasn't quite hooked right on one caliper. Put it all together making sure everything was hooked in properly and it was never heard again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There is free play in the disk mounts and caliper mounts.
If you have too much free play you might be hearing the disk or caliper move.
Check the mounting bolts and the amount of free play on your disks.
There is a spec somewhere in REPROM for the correct amount - i think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts