BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new K1200GT and so far have run about 1000km what is my problem with my bike, is the clutch handle, when i release the handle, the gear is taking almost at the far end of the release with the effect of winding the motor before the gear take place or i stuck the motor when i start at the first gear. I asked the dealer to adjust that handle and he reply that it was factory adjust and he cannot make any adjustment. Is the somebody wha have an answer?

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
It is normal for the GT to activate the clutch at the very end of the lever travel. After some practice, it will get easier to operate smoothly.

If you're having trouble due to short fingers (like many folks do), you can look at replacing the levers. The two options I know of are Vario and Pazzo.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You might want to check out the billet slave clutch cylinder available here. It might make some difference.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I assume you know that the handle itself is adjustable, although I doubt changing the adjustment will help.

I would start with a clutch bleed, to make sure air is not in the system. There should be a very small amount of play in the handle when it's fully released.

Funny thing is that my clutch engages starting about half way. I believe there is something wrong with the clutch pack on my bike, however. Most people report engaging near the end of the clutch handle throw.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It is normal for my bike. You just need to get used to it, which you will do pretty quickly. So that I can get a consistent take off in traffic I always let the clutch out to the friction point just before I need to go and then there is no lag when I need to go in a hurry. It is a bit difficult when you first ride it after a different bike but it is not a problem really and is second nature after a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts