BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the clutch basket and clutch plates on my k1200s. Clutch lever pulls in nicely and all gears engage, but when it warms up clutch lever becomes more stiffer until it cannot be pulled in. What could be the cause?

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
529 Posts
Maybe a little more information. Did you use BMW parts or aftermarket parts? Make sure the little hemispherical end on the clutch slave is in correctly. You may have to open it up and carefully go through the position of the parts. Someone who has had this happen will help. Also go to the advanced search and look up clutch there will be pages of stories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem here. My bike is new and long time stored, 0 KM.

Only when its warm, in heavy traffic.

Any luck with this problem?

Someone told me its is an air bubble or a clutch sensor

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well all you can do is check everything. The hemispherical puck is the first thing. flat side towards engine. I would undo the four bolts (they say the bolts are one time use, oh well, mine are working fine after years). When you have undone the bolts take the slave cylinder off and check the puck. Pull the thrust adapter out and make sure it is moving in and out freely and getting oil. If it is not the latest thrust adapter ( latest adapter has 2 slots cut in it's entire length) I would get one from dealer. Then replace your clutch fluid. It's not brake fluid but mineral oil. Get Maura SL (I believe that's a close spelling) anyway, it's red, not green, not blue and replace the fluid. This fluid is a "life time" oil. You don't generally have to change it, but if you are having problems then I would.
Other than that, then the problem is deeper, in the clutch it's shelf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts