BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang.

Has anyone found a good solution for drinking coffee with a full face helmet? I have a 1hr. ride to work and I miss my mud.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Registered
372 Posts
Camelbak. Works for cold drinks, but I don't know about the hot stuff. Geez, you're really hooked aren't you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
coffee

davidk63 said:
Camelbak. Works for cold drinks, but I don't know about the hot stuff. Geez, you're really hooked aren't you?
MN....he's cold. :snowlaff:

I'd worry about fogging up the face shield :wtf

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Geezz.. that sounds safe... Drinking coffee while piloting a motorcycle?... Please tell me this is a joke..

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
Hate to be around when it goes down the wrong pipe! :v:

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Usually I take the company car to work, but when I decide to ride instead, I miss my morning trip to Starbucks. I discovered that if I bring a small square of Saran Wrap with me to Starbucks, I can put that over the coffee cup, then put the snap-on lid over the top of that, and stow it in my luggage until I get to work. I get some surprised looks as I walk into the office in my bike gear while sipping a steaming hot cup of coffee.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Though I haven't tried it I have often thought it would be quite easy actually. You just need the right helmet, Shoei Multitec etc, a Big Mak bag, and one of these with a good sipper mug:

Many times I've taken a bottled water from my tank bag and drank while moving. I like it better than any hydro pack I've ever tried. They tend to be more cumbersome than I like.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
What I have wondered for a long time is how do people EAT while wearing an ordinary full face helmet? Flip up helmets don't count. There have been various comments by Iron Butt Association riders about eating a snack bar or whatever while riding, and it is hard to imagine how it is done. Seems messy, at the very least.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Flip-up helmet and a stainless electric coffee cup from a truck stop works for me. Battery powered grinder if you want it fresh. You can get spiral-wrap copper tubing around the exhaust header along with a couple of brass petcocks for espresso. The GS Adventure people love this sort of crap. Heck, that cooking guy made muffler stew on his on the show.

Mack

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
chuckwilmot said:
I miss my morning trip to Starbucks.
Chuck:

I never miss my Starbucks. Their coffee is just plain bitterly awful! Okay, it tastes burnt too. Ugh!

McDonald's creamed them in a national taste test and for far less money too (although that may soon change). I think Starbucks just does a high-pressure perk and it sucks all the acids out of the bean.

If you try a cold-filtered brew, you'll never go back to Starbuck's again. Sort of like comparing coffee from a faster "Pod" maker (yuck!) to that of a "Drip" maker. Search for a Toddie maker or go to a beanery. You make a strong concentrate that lasts for a week, bottle that, and dilute with bottled water in an electric mug with whatever sundry items you like.

But honestly, Starbucks!? :v:

Besides, hating it makes one look cool... :teeth

Mack

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yeah, screw Starbucks. Go for the stuff that's been picked out of animal shit! The cost is right up there with everything BMW, $110 lb, so why not?

I mean it's got to be great huh? :wtf :confused: :yeow:

Seriously, no shit! (Yeah, pun intended.)

http://www.animalcoffee.com/

Yum Yum! :D :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys, well sort of. Gotta pass on the hycolonics but thanks for trying to help.

Yup, it's chilly up here in MN and a good cup of coffee helps. So does heated grips and seats :sun:. It also helps keep me awake since I"m usually up at 5:30. I've tried pre-caffienating but one can only down so much so fast that early in the am.

The best idea so far is the caffeine patch, but the flavor just wouldn't be there and enjoyment is what it's all about. I think a hydration pack mouthpiece would get gummed up pretty quick. I drink very thick very strong (Caribou's dark roasts for those who know) brew. It clogs up a travel cup pretty quick.

There's gotta be an LD rider out there who has the ultimate answer.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
You could chew a few chocolate covered expresso beans, they really perk you up, no messy liquids to spill. I ate them alot while working as an OTR trucker

1 - 20 of 20 Posts