BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 came with Bridgestone BT01's (I believe), and they seem to be absolutely scary in cold weather. Yes, I already know tires are never great cold, especially sport rubber, and cold weather doesn't help. But I've had close to a dozen bikes, 5 BMW's, rode in all climes, with all types of tires, and I've never seen a tire that can get this skatey before.

Anyone have any feedback, stories re their tires when cold.

Thanks,

·
Registered
896 Posts
The model is BT 014 I believe. I've had B'Stones before and I've never cared for their cold weather performance.. they aren't call Bridge Rocks for nothing... make sure you have the pressures correct or maybe even lower them a lb or three for cold weather, that'll make em heat up a bit quicker.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erik said:
The model is BT 014 I believe. I've had B'Stones before and I've never cared for their cold weather performance.. they aren't call Bridge Rocks for nothing... make sure you have the pressures correct or maybe even lower them a lb or three for cold weather, that'll make em heat up a bit quicker.

Yes, that's the #.

I generally keep all my tires arround 4psi under for softer, better grip. Didn't seem to help these "rocks"

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cold Tires...

I try and ride conservatively for about 15-20 mins in sub-freezing temps before I start to expand the 'chicken strip' on the twisties...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts