BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kind of a a side comical note to the recent thread I have (http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14006) about getting my 06 GT back on the road after dropping it and replacing the tupperware..

In the meantime, I bought an 07 GS with 320 miles on it to ride. Never owned an "R" before, and only ridden two in the 21 years I've had "K's"... Although I already love the GS after only 1,600 miles, getting my GT back on the road was REALLY inspiring after riding the GS!

The GS is proving to be a great commuter, but the GT is an AWESOME machine in comparison. It was almost comical when I got on the GS for the first tme, and now getting back on the GT is almost as comical! WHOOSH compared to THUMPITY-THUMPITY-THUMP!

HA!

Wouldn't part with either one though, OR my "original" '85 K100RT!

B.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I am about to head off in the morning on my first rally with my states BMW Motor Cycle Club.

Its a long weekend and we are doing a full three days riding. It appears from the club forum activity re this rally that almost everyone going has got a GS except me.

Everything I read about these bikes gives them enormous praise as a great allrounder and a serious off road machine.

I cant wait to turn up in the morning and meet all of the Ewan McKenzie and Charlie Boorman look-a-likes.

Maybe they will convert me. Nah! :teeth

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
This my second season of thinking about new GS :)

Only my short legs hamper me form buying one. :)

But probably one day I am lost and will give up - without parting with my GT though. No way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts