BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an '06 in showroom today (6000 mi service on my '05) and turned ignition key to view display...and it's actually visible! I can see mine approx 1/2 the time. Dealer knows of no upgrade, swap, or aftermarket. Any info from the group will be appreciated. Has anyone installed a shade over readout or magic bulb replacement?
Thanks.

BTW & FWIW - after 6,700 miles: love the bike, front end "wandering" virtually gone or I'm simply adjusting subconsciously, trans clunk improved to very mild annoyance...sometimes can shift 1-2-3 with no clunk at all, engine has smoothed out considerably (never thought it was bad). Still most comfortable bike I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bob1949 said:
Saw an '06 in showroom today (6000 mi service on my '05) and turned ignition key to view display...and it's actually visible! I can see mine approx 1/2 the time. Dealer knows of no upgrade, swap, or aftermarket. Any info from the group will be appreciated. Has anyone installed a shade over readout or magic bulb replacement?
Thanks.

BTW & FWIW - after 6,700 miles: love the bike, front end "wandering" virtually gone or I'm simply adjusting subconsciously, trans clunk improved to very mild annoyance...sometimes can shift 1-2-3 with no clunk at all, engine has smoothed out considerably (never thought it was bad). Still most comfortable bike I've ever ridden.

My 06 S display is visible in both bright light and with the sun shield down on my helmet. It wasn't nearly so on my 05 12gs. Me thinks they improved it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Like you, I'm also liking the computer setup on the 06, and I have my dealer looking into it. Hopefully it will be available for an 05, any info I receive will be passed on to this site.

Barry

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome aboard...

Hey Bob,
This is the first I've noticed you've joined the K-S club. Congrats. I'm pushing 10K now on mine and I'm more impressed with this bike everyday. Let's plan on doing the BRPR together (again) next May. Frank (DockingPilot) has a new ride and Mike (MShea) has a new addition as well...a baby BOY. On a sad note, remember MAX? Sadly, Max passed away last week following a short battle with a brain tumor. Our local riding club, indeed the whole community, will miss him. Keep me in mind when you're down in NJ.
Pete

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMWBuddha said:
Hey Bob,
This is the first I've noticed you've joined the K-S club. Congrats. I'm pushing 10K now on mine and I'm more impressed with this bike everyday. Let's plan on doing the BRPR together (again) next May. Frank (DockingPilot) has a new ride and Mike (MShea) has a new addition as well...a baby BOY. On a sad note, remember MAX? Sadly, Max passed away last week following a short battle with a brain tumor. Our local riding club, indeed the whole community, will miss him. Keep me in mind when you're down in NJ.
Pete
Sad to hear about Max. Met him just that one trip, but enjoyed his company and wit. Missed BRPR in '05 but will go to '06. I responded to PM..hope it went thru. Bob. Congrats to Mike and the Mrs.

·
Registered
434 Posts
13tay22 said:
Hopefully it will be available for an 05
It *is* available (can be replaced). However, I doubt anybody is going to spend EUR 600 for that :(

Manfred
with latest info from his dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts