BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to publicly thank anyone that stops and helps other riders despite the make of bike that you,or they ride.
Its nice to know that if you have a blow-out or are just broke down other riders will stop and offer a hand ,a kind word, the use of there cell phone or even food and drink, this happened to me recently (Belle Glade<FL) and being stuck on the side of the road for over 3 hrs is no fun.
So again thanks for all who stopped or asked if I was ok, and just think next time you pass by a fellow rider that is on the side of the road ,maybe it could be you ? just take a moment out of your ride and stop.
I KNOW I WILL NOW.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Put your helmet on the ground!

I will only stop now if I see the helmet on the ground (international distress sign) and of course if it's obvious there's a problem. To many times I've stopped only to find that they were just taking a nature call only to have to pass cars all over again.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
stopping

Friend of mine, bike mechanic, builds trikes and has more bikes in his shed than I can count. Saw a guy in obvious distress on side of the road. (you figure out the make of bike)

"Need any help"

"When I need help from some ^%%$# riding a Jap heap of shit I will go and **^&^$ myself"

Showered him with gravel as he took off

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great response... should have reminded him that though his bike is assembled in the US of A, a good deal of the parts likely came from the same parts factories as the rice burner!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Reminds me of the Harley rider that told me he would rather push his Harley than ride my Jap bike.Told him it looked like we both got what we wanted as I would rather ride my Jap bike than push his Harley. And I left him there.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Knew one of the guys from the Honda Valkyrie club I used to be in who always wore a HD leather jacket.....He pulled up at a gas station and a guy on a Harley asked him, "Hey, why do you ride a Honda bike and wear a Harley leather jacket?"

His reply: "Well, I guess if Harley made a better bike and Honda made a better jacket, then I'd switch..."

·
Registered
370 Posts
On the other hand...

Riding the other day and a Harley pulled up in my lane at the light. Rude? Nope. He wanted to give me a thumbs up on my K-bike. I did likewise fer the hog. Not all badguys. I have stopped for a broken down Harley before and was much appreciated. Yup, got plenty of those other surly posers too. I just laugh at them and leave em in the dust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Beer and schnitzel, they can appreciate those things more than sushi!
:wtf
I have ridden with several Hogs and haven't had problems (honestly I would rather ride with some of them than some of the guys that do 120+ on one wheel). The only thing is when they go around a 40 MPH curve at 35MPH, they nearly drag their dress on the ground... kind of made me feel like a real sunday drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts