BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had high hopes for these things, but the rear is shot after just 4500 mi. The front still looks good. They never gave me the confidence the Metzler's did. A Dunlop RoadSmart is going on today.

·
Registered
353 Posts
dwsdad said:
I had high hopes for these things, but the rear is shot after just 4500 mi. The front still looks good. They never gave me the confidence the Metzler's did. A Dunlop RoadSmart is going on today.
After 4k on my Roadsmarts I can't see a flat spot, and turns are still neutral. :clap:
And I'm a commuter type. :yeow:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh....I love to hear that. I commute 66 miles roundtrip - all highway.

I saw Grif's PR2's this weekend. I could see very little wear, if any, after 7500 mi. I would've gone that route if I could've found 'em.

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
dwsdad said:
Oh....I love to hear that. I commute 66 miles roundtrip - all highway.

I saw Grif's PR2's this weekend. I could see very little wear, if any, after 7500 mi. I would've gone that route if I could've found 'em.
My commute is about 116 miles round trip- if I go the back way- which is two lane, country roads till that last blast down IH10.

It's exactly 100 miles round trip if I slab it all the way and am in the mood for combat commuting. Them asshats in the left lane going below the speed limit...grrrrrrr. Reckon you can guess which way I went this morning.

Hey Doug, I have a set of PR2's in my moto closet if you want them. Just replace them. You know we're having a tech session at my casa Saturday.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
My first set of PR2's.....after many other trials and tribulations over the years.....Z6's, BT's, Contis, Dunlops.....etc....

I made it down to Tejas on the PR2's thinking it was going to be a close call on mileage. But truthfully I could have put at least another 750 to 1000 or so miles on them. However at the time I thought it best to play it safe and set up a change. I now have 6500 + miles on them and they have been great. I've ridden them through everything imaginable. Snow, torrential rain, dirt, heat, scraping pegs on the corners, fast, slow, slab, mountains, 2 up loaded, hard.... yada yada yada.....no problems what so ever.

For me being able to get 7500 or so miles out of a tire is a first. Never ever before on any bike, with any tires have I gotten more than 4500 - 5000 miles.

Worth the extra $$$ ? Absofreakinglutely! Until some one comes out with something better, the PR2's will be my tires of choice. :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
dwsdad said:
Interesting. I just helped a friend mount his on his R1150RT and noticed the front was made in Korea, the rear made in Germany. Maybe the Germans use softer rubber? :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
PR2s

I replaced the OEM bridgestones with PR2s at the 6,000 mile service in mid May. At almost 9,000 miles now and the tires still look like I put them on yesterday (ok, maybe a hint of scalloping?).

The ride is like a new bike since the change - no way I'll go anything but PR2 from now on.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grifscoots said:
Hey Doug, I have a set of PR2's in my moto closet if you want them. Just replace them. You know we're having a tech session at my casa Saturday.
Thanks for the offer, but I had the Dunlop sitting there just waiting to be put on. I knew I was going to have to replace the Conti soon, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

I wish i could make the session, but I'm heading outta town this weekend - another deciding factor in replacing the tire this week. She's down at Alamo BMW gettin re-shoed now.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I don't get more than 2k per rear tire. Be glad.

Gravity

1 - 9 of 9 Posts