BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me figure out what is needed to change the handlebars over? Bending over the tank isn't getting it anymore at my advanced age :) Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
30 mm barbacks is a very simple and effective solution. Longer barbacks than that will require a longer brake line and the associated brake fluid bleeding. I don't understand the desire for the GT parts since the price difference to barbacks is large.

Ron

Attachments

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
RS to GT bars

rfespinosa said:
30 mm barbacks is a very simple and effective solution. Longer barbacks than that will require a longer brake line and the associated brake fluid bleeding. I don't understand the desire for the GT parts since the price difference to barbacks is large.

Ron
And besides - The RS bars adjusted to their rearmost adjustment is pretty much the same as the GT (which are non-adjustable).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barbacks vs GT

I have 30 mm barbacks but it isn't enough. Really want to sit much more upright - bent over trashes my back. I realize the brake line needs to be lengthened but am unsure about the clutch cable, electrical harnesses and whatever else.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
227 Posts
abruey1534 said:
I have 30 mm barbacks but it isn't enough. Really want to sit much more upright - bent over trashes my back. I realize the brake line needs to be lengthened but am unsure about the clutch cable, electrical harnesses and whatever else.
Thanks for the replies.
30 mm barbacks is more upright than the regular GT position, by about 30mm. I think you need the new GT. There are longer barbacks, I have seen some posted as 60mm and 80mm. Trying those would be cheaper than any other alternative, but the price would have to include a longer brake cable, probably not longer anything else since it's possible to re-route the throtle cables under the barbacks.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts