BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Gov
660 Posts
Mine was under $100, much better than an oilhead. Not sure of the exact figure since I had bought some other little goodies and oil and the whole bill was $100.

·
Registered
497 Posts
$109

·
Registered
279 Posts
$29.50 (1/2 hr. shop rate)
I changed the oilfilter myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
$225.25 at Max BMW, Hampton, NH.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
$205 in Watsonville, CA and I didn't get any fancy printout nor wash. :mad:

Later, the Chico, CA dealer told me they charge $125 for the first service. :confused: leading to :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seems a BIG difference, fwiw, and I doubt if BMW-NA gets involved in service pricing matters if it's out of the customer's pocket.

If I were you, I'd phone and ask first and then hold them to it...or make a vacation out of it and ride to somewhere else on the savings.

Fwiw, friend needed his old R100GS serviced (transmission leak), bought used for $4000. Dealer to north of him quoted $2400. One to south said $600. Go figger. In end, the one to south (Ventura) did the work for $600, washed his bike, and did some inspection service too. He was happy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
it's been my experience that service prices vary wildly from dealer to dealer, always call first, get a quote, get a name and hold them to the quote price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
GregC said:
Geez, us Virginians must be lucky (for a change), $119 out the door.
Greg
Same here in GA. $119. Cheaper then on Oilheads.

6000 is supposed to be like $149, its $30 more because of something extra they do not sure what.

I always did my own work on previous BMW's I own, first because I knew I was doing it and made me feel better, also because the previous bike was an LT which you have to sell a limb to pay for service on it.

On my K1200S I bought it new and decided I am going to let the shop do all the Scheduled maintenance for record keeping and resale purposes since I know the K1200S is not a bike I will keep forever.

I am very very happy so far with the cost of maintenance on the new K bikes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
205.88 A&S BMW...and I was happy it wasn't $400 - $500..geezz some of you guys got t good.
Now, why can't BMW just put the first 600 service in as part of the sales price of the bike..like it would kill them or something!

DAve

·
Registered
134 Posts
ATLDB said:
Same here in GA. $119. Cheaper then on Oilheads.

6000 is supposed to be like $149, its $30 more because of something extra they do not sure what.

I always did my own work on previous BMW's I own, first because I knew I was doing it and made me feel better, also because the previous bike was an LT which you have to sell a limb to pay for service on it.

On my K1200S I bought it new and decided I am going to let the shop do all the Scheduled maintenance for record keeping and resale purposes since I know the K1200S is not a bike I will keep forever.

I am very very happy so far with the cost of maintenance on the new K bikes.

which Atlanta dealer did you use?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts