BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day before heading to work as I was ready to pull out I decided to change my preload on the GT.
I've been running with the single helmet (solo) and have switched through the Comfort, normal and sport settings and have not felt great differences EXCEPT that in comfort the bike seemed to wallow around to me.

I moved to the solo with luggage setting and dialed in comfort on the 4-lane up to my office. Now understand the 4-lane happens to be Hwy 515 north of Atlanta up through the beginnings of the North Ga mountains.......pretty neat road to ride to work on.

BIG DIFFERENCE now with the adjustment.....so on the way home I take some select back roads and dial in Normal....again a very nice feel to my GT and as I turn left off Yukon Rd to go up over and around Burnt Mtn. I clicked into Sport.

Those of you that know this area know why........great choice for this road......up, down and around....right on Steve Tate and right on Hwy 53 and back into Tate/ Old Hwy 5 and into the garage.

And I must admitt that I was somewhat unsure of the ESA but am now a believer.

Try these settings if you haven't already.

·
Registered
66 Posts
With the luggage setting.. did you actually have anything in the boxes?

I can tell a difference in sport mode versus comfort. Sport is a much harder ride--I feel more attached to the road.

I have not tried telling it I had luggage when in fact I did not. Is that what you're suggesting?

-mark=

·
Registered
497 Posts
Me too...

I noticed that when I run with "solo luggage" - sans loaded luggage - that the bike is less upset by things like uneven road, and that differences in ESA settings are more profound. There is also less squat in cornering, requiring less throttle to lift the bike up in its suspension.

To me this is the setting that I run when I want to preserve my chicken stripes. I use is when I want to "ride on" rather than "drive" the bike (if you get what I mean).

Brian

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Markgt...

Yes, I feel that telling the bike that there's luggage but there really isn't any, provides the best ride on my GT.

I agree the adjustments are more pronounced when set to Luggage and the bike just feels better overall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts