BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, crashed over the weekend a guy pulled out in front of me when i was riding. Broken right arm, messed up right leg and many bruises later im writing to say im alive and looking for a new bike! Ill post pics of the bike that my wife took as soon as i get an iphone back. Sorry for my sloppy writing as i only have my left hand available. Looking for a replacement bike for next season. Thank god that the accident didn't happen when we went to Pennsylvania. She served me well. What do you guys think of an Fjr 1300?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Glad to hear you are alive. I hope you get good care and physical therapy to ensure return of full range of motion in arm. My original 600 pound '08 K1200GT fell on my right leg in a crash and really bruised me up. FJR1300 has two wheels and a motor. Guys will pull out in front of them too. Think of ways you could have avoided the collision, if any, learn what you can and then move on and put it behind you.

I stopped taking passengers on my bike a long time ago. Consequences of me going down were hard enough to live with. If wide got hurt.....ouch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thank you for the kind words. No real way to avoid that accident i was coming down at around 40 and the guy pulled out right in front of me, just glad i was alone and not with my wife on the back. It gets better, i had a top case painted to the color of my bike and the tow truck guy took it. Nothing against tow truck guys but it was a dick move. Do i send a bill to the insurance company for that along with all my gear that's ruined? Thats a new gti totaled last year not my fault and now motorcycle not my fault again. ?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Was an accident report filed with law enforcement? If so, they will know the name of the tow truck company that responded, since the soon to be totaled bike should be impounded with them waiting for the insurance company to write it off. Tell your insurance you saw the tow guy take it if thats what happened.

When I crashed my bike(s) I visited the impound lot and was able to remove a lot of accessories that were not damaged and so notified my insurance. They paid me reasonably for the bike and a max amount for accessories, helmet, and a top case which was scrapped up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts