BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
ELP_JC said:
Quick question: how do you remove the factory 'oetiker' clamps without cutting/damaging the hose?

I plan to install screw-type clamps on the quick disconnects in case of failure on the road; much easier to deal with without having to remove the right fairing. Thanks.

I use a good pair of sidecutters and just snip off the nipple. I only snip one side of it and don't try just snipping in the direction that would tighten it more as it may damage the hose. --Jerry

· Addict
3,209 Posts
Although I did have the gas tank drained and you could say a bit 'gutsy', I cut mine across the top of the 'ear' quickly with an angle grinder using a 1mm cutting disc in it, keeping sparks well away from plastics and anything inflammable. Quick and dirty! Once cut, bend the clip over the hose.

That might not be for everybody, but even 2 or 3 minutes spent filing across the top of an 'ear' will make it easy for a side cutter to work through.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.