BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control doesn't work in the cold unless I move the clutch lever around, so I'm pretty sure the switch needs adjusting. I know it's in the clutch lever housing, but the one parts fiche picture I found doesn't really show where it sits.

Has anyone ever adjusted this before, or had things apart on the side where the switch is enough to know the most direct way to get to the switch to adjust it?

Thanks for any advice! :susan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The switch is non-adjustable to my knowledge. You might be able to squirt some WD-40 in there, but you are liable to cause more harm than good.
Spring is almost here and then the cruise will work fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brucecha said:
The switch is non-adjustable to my knowledge. You might be able to squirt some WD-40 in there, but you are liable to cause more harm than good.
Spring is almost here and then the cruise will work fine.
I agree that WD-40 can sometimes cause more harm than good!

Maybe I should describe it more accurately as a switch position adjustment? :eek:

I'm hoping I can get it to work again in any weather. :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
OCRSRider said:
Maybe I should describe it more accurately as a switch position adjustment?
The switch might need to be replaced outright; according to the service manual, a screw is removed and it just comes out. No mention of adjustment of any kind. :(

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Switch/Cruise

Hey OC,
Same problem here last week and yesterday. Yesterday the cruise never worked. Last week if I jiggled the clutch lever around, it let the cruise set, mainly pushing it forward. I'm going to dig into it and I'll keep you posted. Do you know the proper proceedure to check each individual cruise shut-off switch? There are four total. I'll share it with you if you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts