BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I good buddy of mine stopped in yesterday to show off the newly installed cruise control on his 05 K1200S... thought I'd share. I don't have too many technical details other than it was a car unit that he bought and adapted to the S... He said it works flawlessly holding within 1mph even going through the mountains. He's going to put a smaller handlebar switch on it when he gets the time.

His install took quite a while but he said he could do it now in about 4 hours... I asked if he could produce a plug-n-play kit and he pretty much said no..

I think he said he stayed away from the CanBus system completely. I have to admit.. except for the slightly large switch up top, which he is going to replace.. it looks 100% factory... Could be wrong but his may be the first K1200S on earth with a cruise... Apparently.. he's da man.. Check it out...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would love one

All I need to make my KS the ultimate machine now is a cruise. I would even consider big $$$ for one from BMW if they were to offer one. I have been thinking in getting a set of Black poweder coated Throttlemeister, but I never could get used to engaging it when I had on my RT. But the weight should help some of the 5K rpm vibes I am getting.

The vista cruiser I have seen it on a KS modified and it looked BUTT UGLY. So it would be nice to get something else setup.

Based on the picture the nob he has looks 100% Toyota, its the little nob that comes out of the steering column on the left side on Toyotas.

Someone needs to come up with something soon so the Pirate can market it and makes $$$$ from us. LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts