BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose I'm getting old! Rode a 100- miles this AM and got bad throttle hand cramps/tingles.. Any options better than "palm paddles" for cruise control? 85K100RT

·
Registered
42 Posts
A real cruise control

I had an AUDIO VOX cruise control unit on my 85 rs and it work great set it 75 and it stayed there. The unit cost about 100 bucks and was the best money I ever put in my BMW very easy to hook up and make work. Here's a link on how to install this unit.
As for the tingeling I filled my bars with lead shot (shot gun pellets) that helped a lot and was pretty cheap.The 2 valve k100 was know for being a bit buzzy

http://smithduck.home.comcast.net/~smithduck/bmw/tech/ccs100update/ccs100update.htm

·
PsyKotic Waterfowl
1,353 Posts
That page is mine. Unfortunately the Audiovox CCS-100 is no longer in production. Some dude sells them for a $399 buy-it-now on eBay so I guess there's a pretty good demand for them.

There's an electric one made by Rostra that's comparable to the CCS-100.

A lot of the buziness can be eliminated by installing some new spark plugs and synching the throttle bodies:
http://smithduck.home.comcast.net/~smithduck/bmw/tech/tbsynch/tbsynch.htm

·
Registered
70 Posts
Personally I just tightened the big screw under and near the handgrip (K75, not sure if K100 has them) so it doesn't return without help. That with a throttle rocker keeps me happy and allows me to loosen my grip.
Of course this does not work as a real cruise control like the unit described above and also it isn't very safe in an emergency situation, so do so at your own risk.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Those are free if you make them with a coat hanger. :teeth

Had that one since the 80's, now on the K1200RS with factory cruise, I find it easier to use than the cruise just to stretch my arm and the factory cruise won't work at less than 30 MPH. This does....!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts