BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know there are some after-market options - check Pirates site - http://piratesk12site.net/Cruise.htm . I believe the wiring harness of GTs without Cruise Control won't support the addition of the BMW stock version.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It would be way expensive to add the factory cruise control to your GT. Mine is also one of the few with out it. I was quoted around $900 as the hand controls, etc. have to be changed. Put, a throttlemeister on for less than a hundred bucks. I am happy with that. I only wanted to give my right hand a rest once in awhile on long trips during freeway riding. Besides, I don't want to be so comfortable that one gets into a frame of mind of not paying attention to the idiots around them.
originally they put on the Throttlemeister for a RS on mine and it did not work out well. (It crept). They switched it out for one designed for I believe an RT and it worked fine. You would have to call Cycle Werks in Barrington, Il to find out what model they put on. Or I can do it for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Aftermarket

There are several new electric cruise controls avaialbe for muscle cars. -no vacuum needed - no vacuum servo etc. This is a good choice for a true cruise and minimal adaptation while still keeping a budget. The igintion signalpickup type is slightlyeasier to adapt than a speed sensor type .Especially if you do not have ABS.

These adaptations should be done by someone who knows there way around a motorcycles electrical system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts