BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Zumo 550 connected directly to the battery of my K12GT and the GXM 30 connected to the mounting cradle of the 550. Because it's hardwired, I power off the 550 when the bike isn't running but I'm curious whether the GXM 30 draws power even if the 550 is off. Anybody know?

The manual says the GXM 30 has a maximum current draw of 2.5 watts but doesn't say whether that's constant or not. I've asked Garmin but haven't got an answer from them yet.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Gxm

ghsmith54 said:
I have a Zumo 550 connected directly to the battery of my K12GT and the GXM 30 connected to the mounting cradle of the 550. Because it's hardwired, I power off the 550 when the bike isn't running but I'm curious whether the GXM 30 draws power even if the 550 is off. Anybody know?

The manual says the GXM 30 has a maximum current draw of 2.5 watts but doesn't say whether that's constant or not. I've asked Garmin but haven't got an answer from them yet.

Thanks,

Greg
I have my ZUMO powered direct from the battery and in the 3 months since, I have had no problems. I think when the gps is powered down it's all off.

H

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I verified with Garmin that there is no current draw from the GXM 30 when the Zumo is turned off and/or not in its cradle.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts