BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So imagine the most beautiful roads, the most perfect weather(mid 70's), 8 bikes and I'm in the middle. Cruising thru a curve at a leisurely 120 or so(mph). Come into a small town, and? I f(cking lowside at 10mph from some gravel that I couldn't see(sun in my eyes). I watch the bike slide along on the left side, then stand up at the curb and? fall on the d(*mn rt side as well? Multiple attempts to restart with no luck. Trailer it home, let it sit, and? Still no ticky no ride...

Is there some magical secret to resetting the bike after it tips over? I've searched high andlow(even rtfm) with no luck. I need to drive it or haul it to the shop to see what bits I can replace or repair.

Responses will be given a gratuituous beer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
fell over, no start.

does the starter work ? have you checked all the fuses ?,There's a lot of things that could be broken , but in the spirit of keeping thing simple check the sidestand safety switch, the way your bike fell could have knocked it out of position. good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like such a dumbass!!

So, remove the left side of the fairing, check the plugs, pull all the fuses, recharge the battery, monkey with the kill switch, nothing works. So my neighbor and I drive to the nearest dealer yesterday - they are closed til the 8th? Attempt to drive to the next dealer, near my wife's job and there's a big gridlock(stau). No problem, i"ll just borrow his truck and trailer and drop it off on the way to work. So up early, check the straps, everything's ok. Get thru the first town, and stop to check the straps again. One had come loose, so tighten it back down. Going up a hill with a curve 5 minutes later, and?

I see my bike tilt to the rt and disappear!! I hit the brakes, pull over, and discover that I must have been going a bit fast(didn't feel like it) and bike and trailer are now upside down on the side of the road. wife is freaking out, I'm kind of spazzing at this point. A trucker stops to help me get it righted when up drive the Polizei. They keep telling me to get it out of the road, which I'm trying to do, but they aren't helping, just looking around. I
get it righted, and on the side, get the trailer up and on the side. Now they are asking em questions: Whose car? My neighbor's. When? Just now. How fast? not too. What happened? It tipped over. I think I'm done? no way.
Now they notice that the front left car tire is bald. So? I say, well its dangerous, and we have to give you a ticket. Great, I think, but wait it gets better. Have you been drinking they ask? Sure, last night, a couple of beers. What time? Around 8pm. Are you sure? yes, I say, what's up? Well you smell like alcohol. So now they put me in the back and take me to the station(10 miles away) for a breathalyzer. I score a perfect zero(whew!), but I will still get a ticket for driving a vehicle with bald tires, causing an accident, and breaking two poles on the side of the road(they are every 50 meters, and plastic). So in addition to a good bit more damage to the rt side(plus lots of dirt), the trailer is bent, now I get a few hundred dollar ticket...
And the damn bike is still on the side of road, nowhere near the shop...

Anyone want to steal it and save me the trouble?

·
Registered
250 Posts
LOL...atta boy, add insurance fraud to your list of woes.
Seriously, sorry bout that run of oh so bad luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
just think how much good luck you should have after this is over!!! Atleast you werent injured in any of this!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
fabulous story

What a great story, while I'm totally sympathetic to your plight, and was only a member of the old site for 2 months before we switched over, this is the kind of stuff that makes this site better than the old one. After getting into one serious row with one of my buddies today, and into a second row with another one, after I got home and read this I feel like a million bucks, geez I thought I had a bad day. Best of luck on your bike, I'm sure you have used up all your bad luck for the year, I would go out and buy a lottery ticket straight away, you are definitely due for an upswing.
Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts