BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm extending an invitation to do a lunch gathering at the 'Lighthouse Landings Restaurant & Raw Bar' 4940 S. Pennsula Dr., Ponce Inlet, Fl. for Friday, March 10th @ 11:30 am . It's a quiet spot, just a bit out of the way for the normal Bike Week visitors..over looking the Halifax River and across to the Symrna Sand Dunes Park.

A couple of pitchers and a dozen or so of oysters and I'm a happy camper ..one of the first places I hit when I get into 'town' for Bike Week..

To get to the restaurant travel south on S. Atlantic Ave. (A1A) as far as possible ..you will see the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse..then pick up S. Pennisula Dr. and continue past the lighthouse for about 100yrds. The restauant is located in the mangroves on your right.

Hope to see some of ya down there..

·
Registered
438 Posts
Where are you camping?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! This has to be one of the oldest reply's(2008) to an older post(2006)..but to answer your question..I used to live and work in Daytona(worked for Volusia Co.)..so I still visit friends that have homes(Spruce Creek Fly-In Community be'n one of 'em) around the area..

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I haven't camped at BIKE WEEK before so I was just wonder which camground you'd recommend.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BMW MOA lists....

http://bcubed.us/

..as their site..but I wouldn't recommend it 'cause of the all the Bike Week Vendor traffic at the Rt. 1 and I-95 intersection...

If your into pure heddonism...

Soptnick's Corner..better known as the Cabbage Patch..at Rt 549 and Rt 415..has a camp ground..but DON'T expect much sleep..:>

There's also camping at the Raceway...

My suggestion is find a camp ground well outside the area but close enough to the action..such as New Smryna, Deland, Bunnell areas...

Good luck

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks, I'll take your advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Robert,

Do have an RV or do you plan to tent camp? Depending on how much peace and quiet you require, there are a large number of campgrounds in the area but they fill up quickly.

Casey

·
Registered
438 Posts
cjmcd3 said:
Robert,

Do have an RV or do you plan to tent camp? Depending on how much peace and quiet you require, there are a large number of campgrounds in the area but they fill up quickly.
Casey
Casey,
I'm planning on camping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
aa3jy,

In Daytona itself, on A1A. Cliffdweller.

Deerhead,

You might look up Bulow campground or Encore next to Destination Daytona which would put you in the middle of all the action. Bulow is a much more quiet setting.

Casey

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Condo("Cliffdweller") I assume on N. or S. Atlantic Ave..somewhere between Ormond and Daytona Beach Shores..a Big area

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aa3jy said:
Ahhh..near Bellair Plaza... S. Ridgewood Ave.(US.1)...Hmmm down near S. Daytona
My mistake...Bellair Plaza on the Ocean side..think'n of another Plaza on mainland...anyway you all now know one of my favorite 'hangouts' when I'm in town for Bike Week..

·
Registered
438 Posts
cjmcd3 said:
aa3jy,

In Daytona itself, on A1A. Cliffdweller.

Deerhead,

You might look up Bulow campground or Encore next to Destination Daytona which would put you in the middle of all the action. Bulow is a much more quiet setting.

Casey
Casey,
Thanks for the help and info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts