BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stopped by Foothills BMW in Denver to see if they had been advised of any new details. They claimed ignorance mostly, but said that they expect their first specimen to come in around Easter..... and that they had already taken in 3 deposits on them.

Bottom line: the newest BMW engine, luxury, comfort, the latest electronic doo-dads, I think it will be a seller.

Pedro.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Perfect bike...

I rode the Colo. Gypsy tour in September with your local beemer group. Wonderful roads and great people in your beautiful State. Although I was riding my "S", I'd have to say the new GT looks like the perfect platform to take on the Million Dollar Hwy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
$64MM Question

How's the riding position? Similar to 04 GT? Similar to RT? Somewhere in between? I can't tell looking at photos and I've not done a lot of research on this...but nor have I seen the the riding position questioned/addressed to any position in this forum. To me if the riding position is more relaxed/upright than the 04 GT, I would agree sales should be brisk.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Elvis said:
How's the riding position? Similar to 04 GT? Similar to RT? Somewhere in between? I can't tell looking at photos and I've not done a lot of research on this...but nor have I seen the the riding position questioned/addressed to any position in this forum. To me if the riding position is more relaxed/upright than the 04 GT, I would agree sales should be brisk.
Myles posted some valuable info from a german article that stated the bars are adjustable.

That being the case you should be able to find a position that could be similar to an Rt,
an 04,Gt or somewhere in the middle. This appears to be the perfect set up and the
ride for me.
Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts