BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from Sunny (for once) England!!

I have defected to this site because I have now become sick of the egotistical and self-serving attitude of the owner of a particular site based in the States. He promotes services and goods based on whether he gets them free of charge.

I have never experienced such biased and retarded reporting. He is supposedly a journalist, but a dead snail has more journalistic ability. If you make a helpful suggestion, he won't consider it if it's not his idea. This man is an egotistical minnow and I'm sick of it. He is not an authority on anything other than his own limited intellect. I watched a video review of a bike and it was laughable with no information and stunted and unintelligible comments.

Therefore I pledge allegiance to your forum and I will listen to your members (who aren't the problem on the other site) for my advice. I got no useful advice from the owner of the other site, only a telling off for requesting a sticky on what was an excellent idea. If you contradict an opinion of his, woe betide you! He was promoting a particular American manufacturer of cleaning and wax products on his site and I mentioned that the best thing to clean wheels with was Pledge. I then got a load of BS about it leaving a film and damaging bikes, despite the fact that Autoglym now produce an unfragranced version.

I know I sound like a sulking kid, but I have been looking at your site and there is no sign of owner ego! Well done, and thank you for offering a useful and informative refuge to me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you know? Just as I said it was sunny, the bloody sun did a runner and it's now overcast! Oh well, summer lasted 45minutes this year. Roll on global warming, who cares if East Anglia falls into the sea? It just means I won't have to travel for an hour to get to the coast, it'll be on my front door!

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you know who I was describing? LOL!!!! Do you mean the Twatissimo? I gather he has upset others then?

What I suggested was that recalls be sectioned into the main categories of engine, brakes, etc. However, this site has better organisation with the similar threads feature so it's not so crucial. On the "other" site it's so disorganised that the same things get talked about all the time and there is no way of knowing what the thread contents were without opening every thread.

Recalls are so important because some dealers for some strange reason refuse to do them unless you get notification from BMW. That's fine, but I moved and I assumed the dealer had told BMW UK, but they hadn't. So the forums are crucial to me. Of course, I have updated BMW UK, now, and I have a good dealer who does stuff when I ask him. I have even had a brand new clutch for the juddering and grinding clutch on take up, so I can't complain about my dealer.

The site ran by Twatissimo is an extension of his puny brain. He didn't think of it, so he drops it. I wanted people to read it, so I wrote "IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ Idea to Help Recalls." He removed the "Important, please read" because he hates support for ideas or anything that is remotely critical.

You keep getting stupid threads saying things like "What are a great pair of summer boots?" and it's always the same. He pushes his opinion because he's not paying for his kit like everyone else. I have a Streetguard 2 suit, but it doesn't have the nice features that my Spidi Gran Turisimo suit, but it has better base features, like being Waterproof! I only bought that suit because I couldn't afford a topline Rukka. Of course, according to Shita Rukkas are rubbish, BMW Comfortshell is the best. Similarly, BMW gloves are the best, as are their boots, as are Sargent seats. I know for a fact he got the seat on a freebie because I know who he sold it to.

I want unbiased opinions and chairman style leadership from my forum owner, not sycophantic, blind, self-serving opinions from a journalistic pygmy! My observations of this forum have proved that this is a well run and unbiased (by the owner) forum. Well done! Keep this up and more people when they realise what Shita is really like.

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
There is a very long list of generalissimo burnouts. I've had my rows with him- last one being on the Comfort Shell suit review. He finally had to wiggle his way out the back door (but never admit he was wrong) when I put forward comments directly from BMW that supported my position - he couldn't well go against the mothership, now could he?

I still participate on that forum from time to time trying to provide useful information on limited subjects, but his leadership style leaves a lot to be desired. This site and i-bmw.com are both much more to my liking and you are not likely to run into the same type of "management" issues.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
grifscoots said:
Good idea's are welcome. AND, we're always looking for stuff to put in the Hall of Wisdom (top bar, look to the right, click Technical and then HoW).

Crap! He came over for me jokes!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes HDF, I read that on there and I noted your squirm trap! Well done! He just talks rubbish, regurgitates stuff and makes up anything he doesn't know! It's like his gang and you have to do what Shita says or you can't play! It's a shame because there are some nice guys on there who are really helpful. Sorry to keep moaning! I'm really finding this site useful and interesting!

Oh one last thing. I posted a warning to UK bikers to smudge their number plates because there has been a spate of cloning of number (license) plates. This means that people are getting speeding tickets from cameras where they haven't ever been. Also, thieves in the use the forums to identify bikes to steal. I posted this warning and he blew a fuse saying it was rubbish and I shouldn't scare members. He said you needed Photoshop to smudge a photo LOL! What a plonker!! He warned me that I would be banned if I continued to frighten members from displaying their bikes' pics. Anyone with half an ounce of commonsense would want to protect the forum members. especially since you guys originate in the litigious USA and I bet someone could sue the forum!! LOL!

I'm going to offer him some free advice: "Don't scratch your bum with a broken bottle and never eat yellow snow!" Hopefully he'll post this on his forum!

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
MadPete said:
I'm going to offer him some free advice: "Don't scratch your bum with a broken bottle and never eat yellow snow!" Hopefully he'll post this on his forum!
Oh, this advise will definitely get you banned instantly - go at it!

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
MadPete said:
I got the first part. What's snow?

Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 92. Heat index values as high as 100. East northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Razel said:
+1

I swear to ya, one of these days we're gonna give that Aussie his own
little corner of the server to tell jokes in. :yesnod:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah "snow"!

Well it's that white, crystalline stuff that falls out of the sky when the temperature drops below 4 deg C!! Survival experts will tell you when you are thirsty and have no water to eat snow. Yellow snow is often found near bars, clubs and pubs (though in this case in the wilderness too) when males with weak bladders decide to answer the call of nature!! LOL!!

I think it's excellent advice, too good for that other site!!

Keep on having fun and if you want some jokes I have some excellent ones but I may get barred for them not being politically correct! LOL! They are funny though!

·
Registered
438 Posts
MadPete said:
How did you know who I was describing?
You described his site to the T. Many over there are, to put it politely, challenged. You will notice these folks around here are about six months ahead of him.

·
Registered
68 Posts
MadPete said:
Yes HDF, I read that on there and I noted your squirm trap! Well done! He just talks rubbish, regurgitates stuff and makes up anything he doesn't know! It's like his gang and you have to do what Shita says or you can't play! It's a shame because there are some nice guys on there who are really helpful. Sorry to keep moaning! I'm really finding this site useful and interesting!

Oh one last thing. I posted a warning to UK bikers to smudge their number plates because there has been a spate of cloning of number (license) plates. This means that people are getting speeding tickets from cameras where they haven't ever been. Also, thieves in the use the forums to identify bikes to steal. I posted this warning and he blew a fuse saying it was rubbish and I shouldn't scare members. He said you needed Photoshop to smudge a photo LOL! What a plonker!! He warned me that I would be banned if I continued to frighten members from displaying their bikes' pics. Anyone with half an ounce of commonsense would want to protect the forum members. especially since you guys originate in the litigious USA and I bet someone could sue the forum!! LOL!

Amen! I smudged my license plate when I posted my bike photos and I drive an old 90 k75s! Thieves are always looking for a new way to screw people no matter what type of bike you drive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts