BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a ticket for 10 over (a true 10 over) outside a small, podunk town in West Texas last month.

I tried to find a lawyer to deal with it and the search grew farther out until I found a mid-size town that had a lawyer who dealt in such. Nice feller, who was quitting dealing with his law practice as he was going to run for the County District Attorney's Office.

His advice was to just call the Justice of the Peace Office, that it would be cheaper and I would get the same results at a cheaper price.

So, I did. I was given Deferred Ajudication till December 12th and it cost me $60 more than the ticket.

The problem? I can't get any tickets in this period. This has really cramped the way I ride and, more or less, opened my eyes to the way I ride.

It seems I am a habitual speeder. I may become Catholic simply so I can see a priest and be forgiven.

Now, let's see if I really can keep from getting a ticket the next three months, or if Murphy's Law will leap up and smack me with one the very last day.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Perhaps you should start up a Speeders Anonymous chapter in this area. I have a feeling you'd get quite a few members. Me being one if I don't quit on my own!

·
Registered
289 Posts
grifscoots said:
It seems I am a habitual speeder. I may become Catholic simply so I can see a priest and be forgiven.
It's the K bike. I have seriously attempted to do a 100 mile ride without exceeding the limit.... :hypocrite

without breaking 80.....

without breaking 100....

sigh

·
Registered
146 Posts
What is the disposition of the ticket if you successfully reach delayed adjudication? Does it go bye bye? It's hard to drive anything German at American speed limits. After getting two tickets in one day, I've curbed my driving speeds to 4-5 mph over. I never knew what it was like to get passed by other cars! I spend way too much time looking in my mirrors now! ... hmm... are they going to pass of the left or on the right?... doh, on the right... what an idiot... :loser: Even old geezers in Camrys are passing me. I feel your pain :cussing:

·
Registered
447 Posts
dwsdad said:
Perhaps you should start up a Speeders Anonymous chapter in this area. I have a feeling you'd get quite a few members. Me being one if I don't quit on my own!
Repeat after me, "My name is Greg G and I have a speeding problem." Sucks doesn't it?

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DebS said:
Repeat after me, "My name is Greg G and I have a speeding problem." Sucks doesn't it?
It does suck. Doesn't mean I don't do it, I'm just more aware now that I am. Sigh, another 12 step back slider.

I think that I'm so uncurable that, on the ride home, I was spouting an ancient Haiku that I just made up today:

Tiny autos
Tiny people
Little go fast
Left lane slackers

Which worked rather well on my homicidal tendencies till I came up on a Prius doing 10 under in the left hand lane sporting an Obama sticker.

·
Will ride for picts
1,645 Posts
Hello, my name is Rich Hall, and I have a speeding problem. Two tickets in ten days will slow you down. On the way back from CCR, I was riding with the Sauers, and couldn't get that voice out of my head. I ended up letting them go and rode the rest of the way to Denver around the speed limit. It wasn't easy, I tell ya.

On the way to CCR this year:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts