BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still have the instuction manual that came with their Batt Tender Jr.? I am curious of the reverse polarity indication.

I had my BATT replaced and I'm thinking dealership switched ends when reconnecting SAE lead. When I plug in BATT Tender Jr. it goes red for a couple minutes (normal for charge cycle) then turns green. With the temp's dropping I've noticed weak starting in the AM, but the BATT Tender Jr. acts if there is a full charge.

Thankx in advance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
dec said:
Does anyone still have the instuction manual that came with their Batt Tender Jr.? I am curious of the reverse polarity indication.

I had my BATT replaced and I'm thinking dealership switched ends when reconnecting SAE lead. When I plug in BATT Tender Jr. it goes red for a couple minutes (normal for charge cycle) then turns green. With the temp's dropping I've noticed weak starting in the AM, but the BATT Tender Jr. acts if there is a full charge.

Thankx in advance.
RED light flashing:not connected, not connected properly, connected to a dead battery(< 3 volts).

·
Registered
567 Posts
The original question is what does it mean when the red light goes to green after only a few minutes without time to charge and without the flashing green light portion of the cycle?

my charger has begun doing the same thing, and i suspect that it is dead and useless.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It means the battery is fully charged. The red light always comes on first, after the charger decides what the charge level is the lights change appropriately, green fully charged and being maintained in your case. Check that the cables are tight and that ground cable is tight where it attaches to the engine. :)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
You may need to check your connection on the bike. It gets a little crusty in there and needs to be cleaned from time to time.
I use a little Baking Soda and water mix, so its a paste. I use a Q Tip to apply in the connector, let it stay for about 4 or 5 minutes. ( it will bubble a little ) Then use a damp paper towel to remove the paste, then a new dry one to dry.
When the connector is dry, plug the charger back in.

Its worked for me for the last 3 years,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts