BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we got the "S" sorted.... and the new GT is almost on us...
So anyone got any idea's what the next "RS" is gonna be like?
(Oh Yes, there IS a RS in the pipes :D )

I'm thinking of an "S" with fairing attachments and slighly more upright seating possition?

What say Ye?

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Why?

In my view, it's BMW's intention that the K1200S is the successor to the RS. It has fairing panels, it has optional hard bags, and pretty much everything we associate with the RS. The new GT is the same bike as the S, tricked out with some different parts, just like the old RS and old GT. OK, the new GT has a slightly detuned engine, but that's it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It will be a long time before I trade, so I have time to wish.
I want a S with the GT bags and a pipe that is hinged.
Since I'm dreaming, how about under seat exhaust.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This Pic from Matt McCabe shows the differences nicely... also shows the scope within which the new 'RS' will fit...

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vanguard, thanks for the picture, it is very usefull for comparison.
I believe BMW (and me) needs something between the S and the GT, used to be called RS

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Theres Going To Be A Whole New Bike Coming....not Real Soon But Not To Long From Now.....and Its Top Secret....wait And See...thats Why All The Changes...going To Create A Need First And Set Up A Base......?

·
Registered
158 Posts
How much of a difference is there between the two models now? Unless they come up with a totally different model the so-called RS model is the current new GT. It would be a waste. Who am I to question the great mother land.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
captainasty said:
How much of a difference is there between the two models now? Unless they come up with a totally different model the so-called RS model is the current new GT. It would be a waste. Who am I to question the great mother land.
idont know but why do away with the old gt style?...and replace with a ugly westinghouse...mmmmm...maybe it will come in alvocodo...or coppertone....

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
Rs/s...gt/gt

Vanguard said:
Well, we got the "S" sorted.... and the new GT is almost on us...
So anyone got any idea's what the next "RS" is gonna be like?
(Oh Yes, there IS a RS in the pipes :D )

I'm thinking of an "S" with fairing attachments and slighly more upright seating possition?

What say Ye?
Instead of the GT being a modified RS, it is now of its own design....the S IS the new RS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts