BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the site, and also seeking to become a new BMW owner, (Honda ST100s previously).

I'm seeking info regarding the differences between the 2002 models and the previous years.

Can anyone give a quick response for I have located a 2000, but would hate to spend the money and wish I had gone for a newer model.

Thanks in advance,
Nate :)

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
vaslim3334 said:
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the site, and also seeking to become a new BMW owner, (Honda ST100s previously).

I'm seeking info regarding the differences between the 2002 models and the previous years.

Can anyone give a quick response for I have located a 2000, but would hate to spend the money and wish I had gone for a newer model.

Thanks in advance,
Nate :)
The '02's have a more complex brake system.
I believe they also have cruise control.

Other than that, I can't think of any major
changes anywhere on the bike. Some minor cosmetic stuff, but
they mostly made the 02's uglier. :D

But then, I have a '98 :cool:

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
One difference is the amount of wind protection. The newer bikes have a larger fairing and the winscreen seems to deflect more air in the upper position. Also, post 2002 bikes use different bar risers. They are slightly taller and further back. On prior year bikes, these were offered as a " comfort option " The newer bikes have a slightly less "sport" oriented riding postion which was what I wanted. I already have sport bikes and wanted the RS for sport/touring. Cruise is just icing on the cake.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Razel said:
My bad. It should have read " I have a PAID FOR '98"

I'll pay closer attention next time, I promise ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many Thanks to everyone for your response, I looking forward to purchasing a K-Bike. I want the ability to still pack & go , and with the additional ponies offered over the other bikes I checked this should do it...

New ST1300 kinda wierd looking to me, an butt ugly with the bags off
FJR1300 roasted my chestnuts in less than a 1/2 hour time
ZZR1200 at 6ft 5in I just dont fit..... :)
Ducati ST4 NJ insurance $2000.00 a year
And I don't know very much about the Triumph ST

Thanks Again,
Nate

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
vaslim3334 said:
Many Thanks to everyone for your response, I looking forward to purchasing a K-Bike. I want the ability to still pack & go , and with the additional ponies offered over the other bikes I checked this should do it...

New ST1300 kinda wierd looking to me, an butt ugly with the bags off
FJR1300 roasted my chestnuts in less than a 1/2 hour time
ZZR1200 at 6ft 5in I just dont fit..... :)
Ducati ST4 NJ insurance $2000.00 a year
And I don't know very much about the Triumph ST

Thanks Again,
Nate
Nate
At 6'5" I don't know if you will fit on a KRS. Hell, I'm only 5'9" and fit very comfortably.
Bruce C

·
Registered
186 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts