BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here so thanks for taking the time to read this,

I've booked a tour to Greece and I'm off this Friday 8th Sep.

I've just given the bike a thorough wash, it's a 2010 K1300 GT EE, Had it for 5 years. I've just fired it up after the wash and the display is black. gone into the dark so the dash lights up and I can just about make out the display but it's no good for riding, has anyone got any ideas?

I've washed it the same way for 5 years but I guess there's a first time for everything if it's water related.

Thanks guys,
Matt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bike dead sometimes

Hey Matt,

I was just getting ready to post a similar problem. The other day I went to the bank shut the bike off, came back within 5-6 minutes. I inserted the key turned it on and nothing. I turned the key several times and still nothing. I was just about to remove the battery cover and tried it again and it worked as normal. Then stopped at the gas station and the same thing happened. Next day rode it 10 miles to a friend house, was there an hour and it started fine. I went to start it yesterday and I heard the electrics whine but no dash at all and the bike would start. Will your bike start with the dash not working? I tried the second key with the same result, so I don't think it's the RFID in the key.
Any one got a clue where I should start looking? Is there any history of corrosion in any of the connectors? I has to fix a worn wire for the RFID on a 2006 1200gt. But I need to pull it apart and start checking things. I hope I can find something definitive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Didn't mean to hijack your thread.:smile_big
Cheers
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts