BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question above...

My akra' is off from my K13S for repair (the Carbon end has a small wound from former owner..), a friend that work with carbon suggested to fix it.
BUT, it will take more than few more days, so he suggested that he will give me his K1200S OEM silencer he took off when he switched to akrapovik.
So, I wonder if it'll fit (yes, its true - I can simply try) & more inportant - if it will not harm anything.. :confused::dunno:

Tnx

·
Registered
176 Posts
No, different lenght of the connecting pipes, the k12 does not have the servoflap that the k13 has.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies... And also my mechanic assumed that it won't fit... BUT, it did !!!
Its true that the connection to the exhaust pipe after the servoflap is a bit offset, but it still sits fine - no gaps. had to play with the clamp to find the best angle & position to prevent gas leaks and best sealing.
Yestarday morning went out for a 200 Km ride, well its sounds like K1200S, or even like my friend's Honda BB with OEM silencers !!!
Comparing to the Akrapovik Its quiet & smooth, no backfires when closing throttle, no blows when pulling the throttle & shifting gears up with the quickShifter... and the engine works better in idle..
Well, thinking about switch back to OEM K1300S/R silencer after the Akrapovik-Titanium will get back from repair, used one will cost less than the money i'll get from selling the Akra'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts