BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 K100RS. I want to put on quick disconnects so that I can remove the tank without draining it. Anyone done this? A source and part descriptions/numbers would be great. There seems to be no local supplier. I did take a quick look at DiscountHydraulicHose.com. I found some things that look as if they would work but I would like to avoid stupid mistakes. I need to confirm tubing size, correct material for gas (steel, brass), proper gasket material for gas, best type of connector, size and placement restrictions given gas tank hose locations and paths, etc., etc. In other words, I want to use your pain experienced in figuring this out to avoid my own pain in doing so. Thanks.

+++++++++++
Jon

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd go with inline quick connectors like the later K's and R's have. Plug and socket, quick disconnect and clean break. For that bike, probably straight fittings. Get the metal ones, not the plastic originals.Try Beemboneyard.

Frank

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disconnects

I went with the Boneyard. No reason to reinvent the wheel. Probably could have saved a few bucks by using DiscountHydraulics but I want the Boneyard to stick around. Thanks for the heads up.

++++++++++
Jon

·
Registered
196 Posts
97tiger885 said:
I went with the Boneyard. No reason to reinvent the wheel. Probably could have saved a few bucks by using DiscountHydraulics but I want the Boneyard to stick around. Thanks for the heads up.

++++++++++
Jon
And when you install them. I've used the leftover factory inner clamp (the part you don't cut when you remove the stock clamp) with a worm type (underneath the worm clamp) to protect the hose. You will have to shorten one or both to make up for the space the connector occupies.

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts