BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well this K1300s has been a nightmare but she's running at last.
However I'm trying my hardest to bleed the clutch but the bite point is only just off the grip. So it clunks or just cuts out of I slip her into first.
I syirnged her back from slave to master as described.
Tried the hold lever flick back as I have loads of bubbles in there still yet I flushed through one huge amount of mineral fluid without any break in flow.
Attached a pic to show the bubbles.
Any help would be useful as I can't test the bike without a clutch.

Liquid Ingredient Fluid Solution Cuisine

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Tread

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tie the lever back to the grip overnight. In the morning work the lever vigorously and watch for more bubbles. May have to do this two nights. Tap the side of the reservoir lightly with a screwdriver handle while working the lever in the morning.
Would that be with master cylinder closed with membrane as normal or just capped?
Sorry just making sure that's all 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A nightmare, did everything, totally flushed out with new mineral oil. Biting point is so close to the grip.
It worked ok, went for a test ride, after no more than 400 yards lost pressure on lever again bike wouldn't go into gear again, lifted cap off straight away and it was full of bubbles. There are no leaks as far as I can see.
The slave just doesn't push in enough to allow the bike to go into gear.
Totally lost and thinking if to buy new lever, master and slave cylinder 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Builds pressure up after about 8 or 10 pumps on lever, ride away then after 5 minutes say at a crossroads or junction, it loses the pressure so I can't engage the clutch, she cuts out as in stalls because I'm off the revs and breaking. Clutch lever in but nothing happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts