BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 2003 RT for an 08 GT, and just can't see the top case priced at nearly $900.00. I had the top case on my RT, and it was great used it every year for the rally always met my expectations. I know about the givi options, but this time I think I'm leaning toward a large dry bag. I have been looking at the Sea to Summit line, and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them. I'm Looking at the E-vac or the Big River dry bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use a dry bag. I don't know about those brands in particular, but my luggage strategy for the past year has been a dry bag and a tail pack. Less is more. I can go 4 or 5 days with this setup (non-camping). I've used a lot of different dry bag brands in running rivers and they all seem to work fine. My main consideration in a dry bag for my bike was color... I didn't want some seafoam green or royal blue bag on the back of my taxi. Black for me ;)

Find a bag you like and buy it. It'll work fine.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Got mine at Massey's Outfitter. Wonderful device! Many colors to choose from.

Get one,

Gravity

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dry bags

I use the Bright yellow SealLine bags from SierraTradingPost or Campmor discount choices large enough to stuff my loaded pack into, cargo net to rear seat. RiverOutfitters large selection, full price. If its raining, you want the visibility edge of bright color or reflective fabric. Larger is better (easier to load, crush to fit & fix in place).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts