BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's great to read the early reports of '07 1st rides, and the excitment of you guys waiting for delivery. You all sound like expecting new fathers. Can't blame you. Reading this stuff is making it easier to let go of the LT. I'm getting closer. My question is price??? Can I assume most are paying full MSRP for advance orders? And, anyone want to talk about their trade-in's? Can we expect to see book values? If you can stand the wait for some local inventory, would you expect dealers to negotiate a little?

Still on the fence...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
This may or may not be relavent...but I did NOT pay MSRP, and I got some service thrown in as well. And, a hefty discount on accessories.

Pre-orders may be a different story. Depends how hungry the dealer is, I suppose...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe not entirely relevent to you but I'm in the UK and did not pay anywhere near MSRP for an SE with high screen and large topbox delivery in early October.

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
I knew I forgot something, I didn't negotiate, paid full freight. Oh, they did give me a great trade.........oh never mind. It's a great bike. :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I never ever trade in. Selling it even at a substantial discount is still better than anything a dealer would offer, and it allows you some bargaining room, even if slight.
Greg

·
Registered
46 Posts
GregC said:
I never ever trade in. Selling it even at a substantial discount is still better than anything a dealer would offer, and it allows you some bargaining room, even if slight.
Greg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second hand bike market is pretty over supplied here in the UK. Witness all the 2/h stock in BMW dealers!

A trade in, although arguably the mugs way, is soooo much easier.

I always do it and have saved the stress levels. frankly there's not a great deal in it for me.

Ben

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did a trade-in and what was more important than the actual price paid for the GT was the price to change (the difference between trade-in offer and the cost of the new bike). I got a trade-in value well over book (because of the relatively low mileage), plus a very, very, good deal on a full BMW riding suit & inners. You have to ask, but deals can be had.

The main reason it is difficult in some areas (at least in the UK) to get a really fantastic deal is that currently my dealer can sell every GT he can get hold of - I think he has sold about 10 since they first came out in April. However, even if the bike had been slightly cheaper from other dealers in the area, I would still have gone to the dealer I did, because his service, both pre & post sales, is just superb. That's worth more to me than actual cost (that's not to say I don't put a bit of pressure on if the price difference is big).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts