·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Given that the GT sits heavily on the front wheel when on the centerstand, how difficult is it to move the bike around when it's on the dolly? It would seem that you would need to put quite a lot of downward pressure on the rear rack, or somehow lift the front wheel, in order to make the dolly effective.

Another question...most would agree (I think) that the GT is not the easiest bike to get up on the centerstand. I presume from the photos that it would be even more difficult to haul the bike up onto the centerstand when its "legs" are on the dolly, because there is obviously less distance (and a greater "angle") caused by the additional 1 to 2 inch height of the dolly's base (I hope that makes sense). Is this an issue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good questions, Bud. If you maneuver the dolly and place it just right, it's easy enough to get the bike on the center stand...maybe 10% harder than without the dolly, but by no means a herculean task. You do have to be careful, though, both during getting it on and off the dolly. Regarding maneuvering the bike around after it sits on the dolly, the front wheel doesn't know that the rear is on the dolly and behaves as though nothing has happened, but the bike can now be swivled around in all different directions. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad...not perfect, but a huge improvement over stock configuration. It helps that my garage floor is smooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts