BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too shabby, these organic pads. I decided to spring for a pair when the dealer-bought pads were down to their last fifty thousandths of an inch, and after a couple of weeks, I noticed that there's not as much brake dust on the back wheel as before, and the rear brakes don't feel any less effective. Now, to take note of how long they take to wear down....

·
Registered
191 Posts
i bought the wave rotor for front and rear along with new pads.
noticed the difference right away.
excellent stopping power, without the noise up front.
ride safe... :tim

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
GTMartin said:
They look like these

http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={CE658CFD-F173-47D0-B358-3974C49E1ACD}
Thanks. I wonder if they distort more easily on the rear, there have been reports of new oems having excessive run out a short while after fitting them.

These wave rotors look like 'swiss cheese'. If they are so full of holes, does that leave less metal to wear so they don't last so long?

I still think the motorcycle brake designers should be looking at the airflow over the rotors, even to the point of a design incorporating an air scoop to push air on the rotor. Or a central area of the rotor outside the pad contact surface, which has backward curve type fins like a fan. Instead of a thin disc with a large centre space, make that space smaller with a built in turbine. If you can get the rotor temperature down, everything is a winner. They last longer, pads wear less, and brake fade is less. That's how it works on cars.

If there's a link to a motorcycle rotor designed like that and fits I'm interested!

PS I just saw this disclaimer:

VERY IMPORTANT: GALFER WAVE ROTORS ARE ONLY TO BE USED WITH GALFER BRAKE PADS, ALL OTHER BRAKE PAD COMPOUNDS VOID WARRANTY

So cost of owning these will be high and I bet they sell really soft pads not the HH scintered, which might answer my point on rotor wear. But I now wonder how long their special pads would last on the K-bike rear and how well do they stop?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts