Registered
162 Posts
just alittle out of my price range
guess I have to sell the house and then live in it

does it have a shower??

·
Registered
764 Posts
Name is Ecomobile - starting with an $80k nut makes it hard to think economobile. I rode in one as a passenger - interesting experience. The pilot was Dan Whitmore, fellow listed on the URL you posted. He's the US distributor, but it's made in Switzerland.

It has an engine from the K12RS that's been bumped up to 140 hp. The thing has virtually instant-down outrigger wheels with all sorts of warning bells and lights to put them down as you slow down. But it's not so easy to pilot - talked to one journalist who crashed when being taught how to ride (not bad, some scratches in the paint). The weight makes it slower on acceleration, but shape increases top speed. AC and lots more are options. The back end is a luggage compartment. All in all, the outside look, inside look, inside room, seats, etc. remind me more of an aircraft than MC.

Never saw one at speed on an Interstate, but it must be surprising to see something that low zip by at hyperspeed. And for those inside the thing, they can only hope they ARE seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts