BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geezz.. I felt so good this am when Jesse picked her up after driving all night from Ohio. After the test ride he had a smile from ear to ear.. which made ME happy to hand over the keys. Seemed like a good guy... worthy.

...but now that the day is all but gone I feel the pain.. kinda sick at my stomach.. a longing .. All I can say is.. I hope the new S is as good as most here swear it is. I have my doubts.

The bad news.. I have called 2 BMW dealers.. Bloodworth in Nashville and Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC. Told them what I want.. an 06 WITHOUT ABS but WITH the electric suspention and BOTH have told me that while BMW did already ship a few 06's into the US ...all are gone except for one bumblebee out in Kaleefornia.. and it has ABS but not the electric suspension. BOTH dealers tell me it will be 3 MONTHS before any more arrive in the US and that I'll have to order the bike to be built to my specs.. Geeeezz ... I need a bowl.

A moment of silence, please for the passing of my faithful steed, Yoko...... Fare thee well

·
Registered
828 Posts
good times!

CONGRATS! I understand the pain, just like losing a girlfriend/mistress. Time heals all or atleast that is what I keep telling myself every six months.

ONON-
Mark

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Pirate said:
Geezz.. I felt so good this am when Jesse picked her up after driving all night from Ohio. Seemed like a good guy... worthy.

A moment of silence, please for the passing of my faithful steed, Yoko...... Fare thee well

Well finally !! :abduct:

Didn't think that bike would ever get to experience the
awesome roads of Ohio given your, ummmmm, blindspots
regarding what are some of the finest roads out there.
And believe me, I've become quite the expert on blindspots :cool:

Glad to see it going to a good home.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Curious

From what I've heard of you and Yoko, it sounds like that bike had a pretty good life. I was curious how many miles were on her and did you ever have the dreaded seal/clutch failure?? If so, at what mileage?

·
Registered
83 Posts
idiot

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
beemer1 said:
From what I've heard of you and Yoko, it sounds like that bike had a pretty good life. I was curious how many miles were on her and did you ever have the dreaded seal/clutch failure?? If so, at what mileage?

Sir beemer1.. Yes.. she had a charmed life.. FYI she had 43K problem free miles.. no seal/clutch probs..

·
Registered
236 Posts
The RS is good. Understand the pain. Your new S will renew your spirit. Promise!

·
Registered
879 Posts
...my RS Today

Pirate said:
Sir beemer1.. Yes.. she had a charmed life.. FYI she had 43K problem free miles.. no seal/clutch probs..
Now that she' sold..I remember back if I recall(old archives) you had a transmission(shifting) problem?? Can you you enlighten us what became of it..or was it a figmatation of my imgination...
================== edited==============
I am editing this 'cause I did further research and answered my own question by looking further into his problem..thus from the archives:
====================================
10/15/04
Tim.. Good one!!, but I already checked that... However... GOOD NEWS!!! I figured it out early this am and the problem is solved....!!!

It hit me at about 3am a bolt from above.. What if somehow.. someway... the already short throw (in the Verholen Q Shift Kit) got even shorter?? to the point where the transmission could NOT shift into a next higher gear because it could not determine one gog from the next ?? as they were virtually in the same spot... ?? remeber, the shift throw with a Verholen kit is only about 1/8" as apposed to 3/4" for a stock bike..

Of course.. this mid-REM theory made only quasi-since as I have NO idea how the linkage could simply jump out of adjustment...Would seem impossible, but as Data used to say..(or to paraphrase..) "When all avenues of logic have been exhausted, the improbable seems likely." ... worth a shot.

Got up early, removed the entire linkage system, added 1/4" to the throw, making it longer.. Went for a ride and the bitch shifts puuuurfectly...!! Crisis averted...worries downgraded to defcon 2... Mongo happy..
==============================

Good to keep those old archives around....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good Timing.........

Hell Jerry, you are about to enter the season where you are ass-deep in snow anyhow, and the good news is, you don't have to winterize your bike!!

Ken Bowen
Dallas, TX

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yo Pirate,
I was over at Capitol BMW in Raleigh, NC this weekend. They had several K12's on the floor. The blue, 2 or 3 of the grey but no bumble bee. Give Jon Ross a call there.

Kerwin
Farragut, TN

·
Registered
828 Posts
pirates sits on santa lap!

Kerwin said:
Yo Pirate,
I was over at Capitol BMW in Raleigh, NC this weekend. They had several K12's on the floor. The blue, 2 or 3 of the grey but no bumble bee. Give Jon Ross a call there.

Kerwin
Farragut, TN
I think the real question that comes along... do they have what Jerry wants. I remember him whining about wanting an S bike with ESA, no ABS, and some dorky color scheme, which is completely understandable. Good hunting!! Hey, if you are gonna pay ~20k for a bike - you better get what you want and accept no compromise.

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
558 Posts
idiot?

wow, that was a bit harsh....but funny as hell....at least the new owner is happy....you have the mv....that should hold you a while....still, how could you?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sir Kirwin... I have spoken to Jon. All the K12's they have are 05's.. I'm holding out for an 06 which has better LED readouts on the dash.. He did say that he would try to get me one possibly as soon as 1 week..

Worse case scenario... There are 2 sitting in NJ if I want to drive 700 miles to pick one up..

BTW... I have decided on the sissy ABS. Spoke to a few salespeople who all said that there are 3 reasons to order the K with ABS. I figure I can live with it as it's only partially linked on the "S" model.

1. Insurance is cheaper with it (and he's right!! Mine would go up without it..I checked)
2. Resale value on a non-ABS is $1500 cheaper... should I ever sell it..
3. The obvious foofoo safety issues..

While the ABS equipped bike's brakes would NOT feel as crisp as a NON-ABS bike..in reality, I won't be riding it as fast as my MV anyway.. So it is written.. so let it be done.

Kerwin said:
Yo Pirate,

Kerwin
Farragut, TN

·
Registered
68 Posts
Buy the california one

I'll pick it up for you. I might "test drive" it a bit over the winter. (Just to keep the battery up) I'll bring it out to you at the next THC Roundup. :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
new s in new jersey

Come on jerry, go ahead and get the one in new jersey. no need to wait months for a new bike, and you will have it to play with and to fit the new accessories, maybe even have it painted.

If you want, i will leave work early on a friday and ride up and get it FOR YOU on Saturday. I would even have it broken in for you by the time i get back to Asheville. :bmw: :p ;) :D

·
Enthusiast
601 Posts
Pirate said:
BTW... I have decided on the sissy ABS.
Jerry;

I want to hear from you after you live with the brakes for a few months. You may find that you actually like them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Jerry,
No doubt you will find peace and happiness when you get your new wheels, but I am surprised that you let go of Yoko before having secured her replacement. I would feel like a fish out of water under those circumstances. But then again, you do have the Augusta to asuage your emotional being. Hope all is well.

Jim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts