BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience, good or bad, with engine guards on a K1200R? I'm looking for brand recommendation, actual use, appearance, etc. Using my bike on the odd track day has me thinking about better protection. Frame sliders, even aftermarket, just don't do enough for the engine cases. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Ride Safe. :xcheer:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not a single response?!?

What's up with that? Evidently there are too many people with unlimited wallet depth! I have found a couple manufactures that offer engine case guards, both look like an abomination, but thinking of putting on and removing just for track days. Pain in the arse, but there you go.....

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
I think it's probably a good idea. Maybe Joker will chime in with his opinion.

As far as my crash, it was in grass and the hard parts suffered no damage. But everything that stuck out like the clutch and footpegs got bent or ripped off.

I think it'll depend on what touches down in a crash. I don't know.

Some things I seem to hear getting damaged commonly is the water pump elbow, clutch cover, exhaust. I don't know if any of the crash bars cover the clutch cover or elbow.

RG is making some clutch cover protectors for bikes, but none for the BMW as listed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts