BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that I did not remember to ask at last weekend's open house demo day, when I rode the S for the second time.

Do the ESA settings kick in immediately when changed (on the fly), or must the bike come to a stop before selecting a new setting?

In your opinion, does the ESA work well?

THANKS.

Brooke

·
Registered
104 Posts
Brooke said:
IDo the ESA settings kick in immediately when changed (on the fly), or must the bike come to a stop before selecting a new setting?

There is a delay of a few seconds when setting the damping (SPORT, NORM, COMF). You must be a a complete stop, motor on, to set the pre-load. It works best if you weigh 186 lbs or more. If you are a lightweight, like me at 155, the ride will be a bit harsh. There is another setting that the techs can set with the GT-1 diagnostic computer that can select SOFT or HARD and that has helped with my RT. I haven't been in to see where mine is set for the K-S.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Brooke said:
I have a question that I did not remember to ask at last weekend's open house demo day, when I rode the S for the second time.

Do the ESA settings kick in immediately when changed (on the fly), or must the bike come to a stop before selecting a new setting?

THANKS.

Brooke
A good reply above. Would add I like the ESA very much. Works very well. Changing the damping rates on the fly is a revelation. I live miles from smooth pavement. Have it on "Comfort" till I get there. Then it is "Normal". When I hit a canyon or on a very aggressive ride, it is time for "Sport". I would get ESA again, easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts